What’s in this File Explorer Plus Root 1.0.1
Added measures to help prevent FX background transfers from being stopped by aggressive task killers.
Fixed issues with uploading multiple files to some FTP servers (req. Plus add-on).
Added simple root access diangostics to System Status screen (req. root add-on).
Added capability to bookmark network and cloud destinations directly from the network/cloud home screens (req. Plus add-on).
File Explorer Plus Root 1.0.1, FX: file explorer w/optional root, net (SSH,FTP,SMB,Google Drive) & media tools.
FX File Explorer is a file manager with optional media, networking, cloud, and root capabilities. FX is designed to let you quickly and easily manage all content on your phone or tablet.
FX does not have advertisements. Two paid add-on modules are available.
The main module of FX File Explorer (this product) is free and includes all file management features for working with files on your phone/tablet. The “FX Plus” add-on adds media management, network (FTP, SFTP, SMB) and cloud capabilities (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, Box, amd SugarSync). The “FX Root” add-on is for developers and knowledgeable enthusiasts who need to make changes as the root user. You can purchase none of the add-ons, one, or both. The paid add-ons are backed by a 24-hour refund policy.
General Features (included standard):
* Productivity-oriented layout: main screen provides list of bookmarked locations, attached storage, and system volumes, rather than simply displaying /mnt/sdcard
* Multiple windows (quickly switch between different locations)
* Intuitive swipe-to-select gesture for managing multiple items (Slide finger horizontally across items to select/deselect them; see YouTube Video, web site documentation, or in-app help for more information)
* Icon and detail list views in file explorer windows
* Cut/Copy/Paste/Delete using clipboard
* Storage space usage analyzer (tap View->Details within any file explorer window)
* In-app documentation (tap Tools->Help within any window)
File Viewers / Editors (included standard)
* Text File Viewer
* Text Editor
* Binary (Hex) Viewer (tap File->Open With->Binary Viewer within any file explorer window)
* Image Viewer
* Zip, Tar, GZip, and Bzip2 Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2)
* RAR Extractor (UnRAR)
Media Capabilities (requires FX Plus add-on):
* Browse image and video collections
* Browse audio by artist, album, playlist, or all tracks
* Rearrange playlists with drag and drop (multiple files can be rearranged by selecting them)
Network / Cloud Capabilities (requires FX Plus add-on):
* Windows networking (SMB)
* FTP (including secure FTP-S and FTP-ES)
* SSH FTP (Secure Shell FTP; password and public key auth)
* Cloud Storage: Google Drive (incl. Google Docs), Dropbox, SugarSync, Box (Box.net), and SkyDrive (SkyDrive requires Android 2.2 or later)
* Stream video and audio media files from SMB, FTP, SSH, Google Drive, Dropbox, SugarSync, Box, and SkyDrive to media player applications
* Browse local network for Windows (SMB) shares
* Find FTP and SSH FTP local network shares using multicast DNS (mDNS) service discovery (Bonjour/Zeroconf/Avahi)
* Encrypted keyring (used to avoid entering sensitive passwords in public while not allowing access in event of device theft)
* Download and convert Google Drive / Google Docs files into Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OpenDocument, PDF, and other formats
Bluetooth Capabilities (requires FX Plus add-on):
* Send files via OBEX Push (also available on most devices in free version)
* OBEX Push server for receiving files (optional, most devices natively provide this service)
* OBEX Push client and server can use WiFi for high-speed transfers when both are connected to same network
* Bluetooth FTP Client
* Discover / pair devices from within FX File Explorer
* Streaming video playback: Format support is dependent upon which third-party playback software is installed on your device. Android typically natively supports MP4 and 3GP. FX can play AVI, FLV, MKV, and WMV formats *IF* you install appropriate third-party players available from other vendors on the Google Play Store.
* GDrive / GDocs: Cut/pasted documents will be converted to Microsoft Office formats by default. Use “Open With” to download them in the format of your choice.
* Bug reports: We greatly appreciate bug reports, feature requests, suggestions, and questions. Please send all requests regarding FX File Explorer to email@example.com.